Our mission is to serve the low income and/or special needs members of our community who need an affordable computer. To determine if you are eligible for our assistance you must meet one or more of the following criteria to receive a computer product from C4PIN:
- Government Assistance – Social Security, HUD, State Social Service Assistance, Financial Aid for Students, Unemployment Assistance, Tribal Assistance
- Food Stamps – Government SNAP or WIC program
- Veteran – a Veteran receiving Government assistance from VA, Military Assistance Programs or Active Duty Military
- Enrolled Student – a Student enrolled in Whatcom Community College (WCC), Bellingham Technical College (BTC), Northwest Indian College (NWIC) or an accredited High School or Middle School.
- Voucher Programs – a Voucher from Blue Skies for Children, Opportunity Council or DSHS-DVR, etc.
If you qualify for one of the above criteria, we will ask for you to provide some form of proof so we can verify your eligibility (i.e. SNAP card, Student ID, etc.), then we can proceed with your request for a computer. We just need to see the proof. You do not need to provide a copy of it to us (except for vouchers).
Additionally, in order to qualify for this program you MUST BE a resident of either WHATCOM or SKAGIT county.
EXCEPTIONS: If you have received a computer from us within the last 12 months you will not be eligible for another until one year has elapsed. If you have received a computer from us and have damaged it outside the conditions of our warranty, you may request a replacement computer of the same type but must provide the broken computer in exchange. Clients may only receive one (1) computer in a 12-month period.
Thank you for your cooperation with this verification process, so we can be sure we are helping those in genuine need of assistance